Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crunching the Numbers on the 2008 Edition of Roll up the Rim to Win

If you look at the results below you'll notice that the Tim Cards, GPS and Boat are pretty much fairly distributed throughout each of the regions. However, you'll notice quite the difference for the Matrix.

The spreadsheet to quickly view this information has been included here.

First thing I noticed are there are almost 300 million contest cups this year - 282,492,000 to be exact.

Your overall odds of winning the Matrix are about 1 in 8 million.
However you have the best chance of winning the Matrix is in region 4 which is Quebec (excludes Bas St.-Laurent, aspsie & Iles-de-la-Madeleine) & Labrador. Your odds of winning the Matrix there are 1 in 5.5 million. The worst place to have a chance at the Matrix is in Ontario, where your odds are 1 in 10 million.

I thought the differences in odds were interesting, what do you guys think of this?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site buddy.

Anonymous said...

I think they were trying to get the best bang for their geographic buck, but its really also a function of how many sales and distribution of their cups to each region.

I think they should've thrown more boats out to the coast, since they could clearly use it more than us Albertans.

I caught your tracking shenanigans on SmartCanucks. Welcome to the crowd!

dawger said...

@ anonymous - thanks!

@ jon - Ya, its just kind of funny that Quebec gets a better shot at winning the Matrix than the rest of the country! If I win the boat, I'll have to buy a truck and trailer, but I won't complain! Ha!

Anonymous said...

There goes my chances........ LMAO

Anonymous said...

I rolled up a blank cup today. I'm from Ontario. I think i should deserve to win something. What are the odds of getting a blank cup?

dawger said...

Do you still have the blank roll up? Got any pictures of it? Did you contact Tim Hortons?

Anonymous said...

Ya i took it to a Tim Horton's near me. They didnt know anything. They were gonna keep the cup and give me a new one. But i said nah, and kept it. I think i will contact Tim Horton's head office. I could take some pictures of it. I dont know where i can upload them. It has a little strip of pink, no words or nothing.

dawger said...

Good call on not letting them give you a new cup.

Let me know how the call to the head office goes.

You can email me the pictures: dawger911 @ gmail.com

I will post them on here for you.